Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My Camera

A few weekends ago
Bob had to work from home
making calls
Lots of calls...
so, I tried to stay away

Saturday I about lost my mind...
Tommy was fussy
Ben wouldn't listen...
one of those kind of days

so, Sunday morning
immediatly after breakfast,
we left to go run some "quick"
errands
Ben's clothes were dirty
and mismatched
I didn't take my purse
just my wallet
I didn't really have a plan
other than to be
out of the house.

After a few stops,
we ended up going to
Trader Joe's
(One of my FAVORITE stores!)
and after we left there
I was on the way to get milk
at Whole Foods
yet, I passed the exit
and ended up
getting off at an exit
that went by my favorite
BBQ restaurant~
BBQ Revue!
Needless to say we had to stop...
While we were having lunch
one of the employees
came by and suggested we go
to a KIDS FESTIVAL
down at Sawyers Point
She said it was FREE
face painting,
rides, water fun...etc
but that it was over at 4:00
The time was 2:15.
My only reservation
(Other than the fact that
Ben was dirty)
was that I didn't have
my camera
with me
How could I go to something
that cool
without my camera?
Without
my storyteller,
my diary.
I was pretty upset...
and that is what made me realize
how much I depend on
my camera
to keep track of my memories
to be my eyes

I debated
about stopping somewhere
and buying a disposable one...
and then decided
to just go

We had the best time!
We parked for free
We got samples
Ben went fishing for real catfish
(he didn't catch one
and was oh, so disappointed)
He went down a huge water slide
he took a ride on a mini kayak
in a huge pool
he played games
got all sorts of cool give-a-ways
saw an Anaconda
a turtle
and a trantula

He had such a good time!
and Tommy was so good
and I didn't capture
one moment of it
with a photo
but the day
and it's pictures
will forever
be
in my mind

xxoo

No comments: