Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Day of Remembering...

IN MEMORY OF
ANNICHEN H. THOMASON
SIT, TENK, OG SMIL
(SIT, THINK, AND SMILE)

A Day of Remembering...









Flashback:

November 15, 2007

I found out I was pregnant with Tommy



Tommy

November 15, 2008







Flashback:

November 15, 2002

My mother passed away






Mom, as a teen


Mom, twenty something...







Mom, In her 40's



When she passed away

her wish

was to have her ashes

spread on Aerø,

our family island in Norway

and because we can't go there often enough

my siblings and I decided to dedicate

a bench

in her honor

at a park

behind our house on Napoleon

in the middle

of a circle of houses

My siblings used to play back there

when it was thick woods...

We put the plaque on the bench

today

Tommy and I drove to Louisville

in the rain

The weather was fitting

it fit my mood

it fit my feelings



Here is a trip through the park



I hope you enjoy it

and

if you get a chance

go visit

her bench

and

Sit, Think, and Smile










Tree Face








Bike Rack /Sculpture










path leading down into the park






















The Gazebo where her bench is located



Sitting on her bench looking out




Sitting on her bench looking up



Moms Bench




Looking out from the gazebo











Our old house

is a straight shot up

from the trashcan














The water in front of the cabin





Our cabin in Norway




The sunset

in front of the cabin




love you mommy

wish you were here...







































3 comments:

Heather D said...

Wow Nina, what a beautiful place. I'll be thinking of you today. Your mom was such a beautiful woman, looks so much like you.

Sonja said...

How beautiful! You have to take me there one day! HUGS

Anonymous said...

Nina, I have tears in my eyes. We will be in Louisville for Thanksgiving and I will definitely take my kids to this park. I remember your house well but not the area that the park is in. I will have to refresh my memory. I will send your blog on to my Mom. She loved your Mom.

Love you,
Alison