Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey...and Thanksgiving





Yesterday Benjamin enthusiastically remarks


"Mom, I want a turkey"


to which I absentmindedly replied


"Okay dear, you can get some tomorrow at dinner."




"No, mom, I want to kill a turkey!"




What?????????




"How do you want to do that?"


"I want to shoot it"


"Where do you think you will find a turkey..."


(I am amused at this point)




"In the woods!"




"Ben, I don't think that is going to happen..."




"Will dad take me?"!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Benjamin is thankful for
turkey
and food...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I am thankful for:


smiles
hugs and kisses
warmth

a full belly


a kind, understanding husband


heat in my home
running water
electricity
my home


a cup of hot tea with milk and honey
a good cup of coffee
chocolate
friends to share it with


my eyesight
to see the rain
the snow
the mountains
the ocean
flowers
shooting stars
rainbows


my hearing
to hear birds chirp
waves splash
the wind whip
laughter


me

1 comment:

Sonja said...

Benjamin is just too funny!


btw. I tagged you on my blog